Memories of your wedding day stay with you forever. After you’ve met the person who is your ‘happily-ever-after’, the obvious next step is to walk down the aisle. But as easy as it may sound, planning one of the biggest days of your life entails a lot of effort.
‘Want All, Do All’ may just be a little too dreamy for most of us. You need to be practical during the planning process. And the ultimate reality check comes from the wedding budget. No matter how much you wish, sometimes, you cannot have it all. But no worries, you can still have a wonderful wedding by simply creating a priority list of the spend-worthy details:
- The Wedding Dress: The first and foremost thing to splurge on is your wedding dress. It is going to be a memento of your special day and will be with you forever. So don’t compromise on the quality. Carefully choose the fabric, style, and the little details that’ll make it perfect.
- The Wedding Band: This is a symbol of your union with your life partner, and it needs to be as amazing as the bond that you share. Today, couples have a mind-boggling variety of options to choose from. Whether you prefer something simple or luxurious, there’s a perfect wedding band for everyone. If you find something that fits the bill and makes its way straight into your heart, then go ahead and indulge.
- Venue: Whether you choose an indoor or outdoor setting, the venue still needs to be beautiful enough to create a memorable experience for you as well as your guests. So try to pick a location with a charming landscape (for outdoor) or find a sprawling event space (if you’d like to keep it indoors). Since this is the biggest part of your wedding, it makes sense to splurge on a great venue. Also, remember to do your homework about various venue options in advance, and do the booking at the earliest.
- Lighting: The right kind of lighting sets the mood for the occasion and can really lift up the appeal of the ambience. Hanging lanterns, along with string and fairy lightings are popular choices for weddings. They will not only infuse a romantic vibe but also help create a gorgeous backdrop for your wedding pictures.
- Food and Music: No happy event is ever complete without great music and food. Make sure you choose a menu that offers a good blend of appetizers and main course, and simply don’t compromise on the quality. Similarly, do go over the playlist beforehand with the DJ or band musicians for a no-glitch party.
- Photographer: Pictures are memories captured in frames. So it makes sense to go for a professional photographer who will do justice to your special day. Check with your married friends or colleagues for good recommendations, and do personally assess the work of at least three good photographers before making your choice. Remember, great quality work never comes cheap. So prepare to splurge; you will certainly not regret it.
Last but not the least; remember that balancing out your wedding budget is important. Do cut down on other arrangements (such as favors) to ensure a stress-free celebration.